Saturday, March 19, 2011

76/365

With all the flooding that was happening with our basement, I made an offhanded comment about my wedding dress and my mom's that were hanging down in storage, but thankfully away from the area where the water was.  My coworker mentioned I should bring both dresses up, to keep the dresses from molding due to all the humidity.  Both dresses were sealed, but unfortunately, my mom's dress was never treated and was just in a plastic garment bag.  When I saw the mold, my heart sank.  I also knew I had to open my own dress, and I wasn't quite ready to see the damage that it could have had.
I was lucky.  My dress looks just the way it did 13 years ago when we were married.  The bottom was a bit damp, but I have it hanging in our room and am taking it back to the cleaners to reseal it.  This time, though, it will stay in Loren's cedar chest. 
I admit, I tried it on again.  I guess you can say that a lot more has changed since I was 22, more than just my maturity level!!

No comments:

Post a Comment