Sunday, April 3, 2011
88/365
Meet Alley Cat. Alley has had a very long life. I think Alley came into my life when I was about 11 or so. When no one else loved me, Alley did. When I said goodbye to PA and hello to MA, Alley was there. He was soft and giving when I cried my first tears over a boy. He was holding my hand with his paw when I moved out for the first time. He was thrown to the floor (and later to a box) when my husband booted him out of bed after being married for six months. He reappeared to hold on to when I say goodbye to my mom. And he's here now, in Colin's bed..giving him the same comfort through the years that he has given me. I admit it, I sneak in a hug from time to time. Alley still has the power to heal my broken hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment