When I think of Spring, I think of all the bright colors that it brings with it and all the smells of freshly bloomed flowers. A sure sign of Spring is Daffodils.
When I first started in Banking, our bank participated in the ACS Daffodil Days. Having lost my maternal grandmother to breast cancer, I bought a bunch for my mom. I took them home to her and she just looked at me. She thought it was a great idea, but she hated the flower. Thought they looked like duck's bill. (???) So every year to harass her, and give money to a great cause, I bought her daffodils when the annual fundraiser came along. She'd sigh, shake her head and throw them into some water. Now that's she's gone, I still harass her with "those stupid flowers". Now I get two bundles. One for her on the loss of her mother, and one for me. I place hers on her grave, when the snow allows, and mine get planted in the back yard. Every year I see them bloom, I smile. And I buy another two bunches.

Beautiful picture and touching story.
ReplyDelete