Thursday, January 6, 2011

6/365

I was never a dog person.  I always had some growing up but I always liked cats better.  I don't know what made me think the kids needed one growing up but a few years ago I got it in my head we needed one.  If I were getting a dog, then it had to be a Lab.  I had always loved the Lab breed and since my parents had a Yellow Lab and my cousin had a Chocolate, I decided on a Black Lab.  I found Murphy on a rescue site.  Half Lab, Half Basset Hound.  I found out this mix is a Bassador.  He's a love.  He is dumb.  He has his wild moments.  He keeps things interesting.  Like today.  I came home and the kids were wild...and in the midst, Loren starts crying and yelling.  She found Murphy in her room and he had eaten 25-30 rather large gumballs and had the plastic hanging from his drooling, slurping mouth.  Did I mention he's dumb?
I always have a hard time photographing him.  His fur is so shiny and the flash just bounces like mad all over him.  If I go with out the flash or use the light scoop, then its too dark to see him.  If I get it right, then his eyes cloud over.  So I keep playing with my settings hoping to get it right.  This picture, so far, is my best shot of him.

1 comment: